and just like that, Christmas is over......

So I am kinda sad, but mainly SUPER excited that Christmas is over.  Really, because I was wishing that the Cleaning Fairy would make her way to my house, but I'm sure I was on the "dirty" list this year, so I will be last on her (or his) stops this time around.  Hopefully, as I mentioned in the first blog, I can motivate myself to be a "clean" girl this year- and maybe, just maybe, I can kill two birds with one stone..... or hopefully a lot of birds with that same stone- clean, and get projects done that I really want to do!

I have so much to clean up around here, and thankfully, Santa knew I wanted even more and more toys and crafts to clean up! YAY! First on the list after daddy finished his phone calls today will be running the vacuum.  I cannot tell you how excited I was when I got this vacuum, and the excitement is still there 6 months later. We named him IG-88 - yes, we are a big Star Wars family, and all around self-proclaimed "nerds". (I will tell you that we also named our Polaris for the pool Luke Poolwalker) I have to make sure that the canister gets cleared out every run, but its not big deal (maybe that can be an item on the kid's chores list). 

I have one of those bazillion loads of laundry done, so what's left will be next on the list.  I seem to get distracted while I am cleaning- one minute I am folding laundry and when I go to put it away in the closet, I realize that the bathroom floor has towels and laundry I need to take to the laundry room.  Then, on the way back to folding laundry, I realize that the wrapping paper is still in the laundry room, and not in the garage. I take that back, then I remember I want to take out the chicken from the garage freezer for dinner tomorrow.... and so on, and so on.... the never-ending mind wanderer. 

So, this is a picture of a normal person's closet... yes, a mother of 2 (8 and 9 years old), working full time, taking 3 classes online per semester, husband working full time... normal...




So, I have learned to set a goal and stick to it- so today is laundry and closet- then if I get done, I can start organizing my room to decorate with all the cool stuff I bought at way more than half off :) I also hope to start some propagating of my succulents and seeds for the spring.  So many things to do, hopefully I will get some use out of this vacation week off! 

The kids have found a new love for Perler beads and are working together and if you can believe it quietly, so I am going to make the most out of this time. 

Annnnnnnndddd..... GO!   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeep Upgrade Progress

The Not So Normal - Normal Blog Idea