Vacation Planning.... or just a crazy amount of time wasted online?

I LOVE planning things.  I love having something to look forward to, I love finding a great deal, and I love a lot of the planning aspects.  I especially love the pay-off at the end when I get to go and actually travel or get use out of the "planning". 

I do not love planning around other people's time frame, budgets, or other possible issues.  I love my family, but when we were growing up, we NEVER traveled- I mean never.  The farthest we went from my house was about a 30 minute drive (sometimes hour to 1.5 hours away with a family friend driving).  I feel, that because of all that, I want to maximize the time I have and the money I have to make the most out of my traveling.  I want to give my kids the luxuries I did not have growing up- but mostly- make sure they understand the importance and don't take it for granted. 

This year, in June the in-law family wants to get together, but it has already been such a struggle with the time frames, and now we get to plan remotely, so it is sometimes even more frustrating.  Planning is my strong suit, but it makes my head hurt sometimes.  Not to mention that this is now day 3 with over 2 hours each day of researching areas and hotels.... boy, do I tell you that "normal" is not my strong suit today.  I soooo needed to get some of this Christmas stuff put away in the attic, but the "not so normal" definitely took over today on this lazy Sunday!  So far, I have loved the website bookit.com !  It is easy to navigate and gives such good info.  Go use it if you can, I definitely suggest it.  They have contests and a Facebook page and everything including crazy good specials.  Maybe, one day I will win their free trips they put up on Facebook :)

I am all for suggestions in a beachy-type community on the East coast through the Florida range.  Each family is traveling with kids and will be flying- the best flights right now are to Orlando and Tampa.  Leave your suggestions for us!! 

Looking forward to hearing your reviews and suggestions!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeep Upgrade Progress

and just like that, Christmas is over......

The Not So Normal - Normal Blog Idea